Friday, September 23, 2005

So Why So Sad

I'm experiencing a brief bout of post-job-acceptance depression and anxiety. I imagine it's natural, as that's the typical diagnoses for reactions with specific stimuli. I don't have any question about whether I made the right choice in taking the internship, even though I received a lovely call from GLAAD yesterday inviting me in for an interview. I just wonder how competent I will be. I know I'm a smart kid, I really do, but everyone there seems to have more background in both science and journalism than I do. My co-intern sent me a quick, friendly email today introducing himself. I googled the guy, and he's in the middle of getting his Ph.D. in biomedical engineering. And he's also taking this unpaid internship in New York. I'm in good company, which makes me question my abilities even more. OK, my computer's behaving very badly, so I'm going to restart and hope that internet explorer doesn't continue to randomly disappear.

No comments: