Thursday, September 22, 2005

Let's Make Like Poland...

...and get occupied.

So, I'm interning with Seed...it's official. I'm really very excited about this whole deal. I grabbed a copy of their magazine yesterday, while I was interviewing with their child-prodigy President/Founder/CEO. It's great. To borrow a word from the debaters, it's dorktastic. They label their issues with the spectrum lines of the element whose atomic number corresponds to the issue number. I mean, that may not beat the dorktasticness of singing Pascal's Triangle, but it comes close. And I'm actually going to get to research and write on a daily basis...generally fill their brand-spanking-new website with content. I'll keep all ye faithful blog readers updated on the status of the site.

Meanwhile, I might have to kill my uncle (ooh, how Hamlet!) for getting me hooked on Su Doku. For those of you out of the puzzle circle, Su Doku is a logic game. You are given a 9 square x 9 square board, broken up into nine 3 x 3 blocks. Most of the squares are blank, but you are given a few numbers as clues. In the solution, each of the rows, columns and blocks will contain the numbers 1-9, each once and only once. You have to fill them in. Go! The puzzles range from pretty darn easy to pretty darn impossible. But they're all doable and require only your clear thinking and wit. I'm in love. Crossword puzzles: you are now my thing on the side.

No comments: