Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oh, The Inner Turmoil!

There is much. There is a reasonable quantity of outer turmoil as well (see the rather productive back-and-forth I've been having with a blogger on the "Inexpensive Indulgence" post. also see the article I wrote and the two I interviewed for today, coming out later this week.) Currently, I don't want to argue any more, please anybody, or redefine myself. And right now I'm being provoked by a guy on AIM (friend of a friend who wants me to rant about a kid he knows), scoffed at by my mother because I want time alone, and forced to redefine myself. Of course redefinition is a lifelong process...although it would be lovely if it ended at some point with me not defining myself at all. But I have way too much time on my mind, if not on my hands, and I can't help but dwell and wallow and ponder and think myself into DOOM. Which is what I've been doing this week. Worst/best of all is that recent events are so me and my life...they're just not me and my life right now. Bah. Sulk. Collapse on the couch. Read Narnia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you're talking about with that whole "thinking [your]self into DOOM" comment. It's a wicked sweet video game and I used to "think myself into DOOM" all the time back in the 90's. There are few things more satisfying than the splattery sound you hear when a rocket turns a cacodemon inside-out. But watch out, that shit is addictive.